Code of Ethics for Referees
From the United States Soccer Federation:
1. I will always maintain the utmost respect for the game of soccer.
2. I will conduct myself honorably at all times and maintain the dignity of my position.
3. I will always honor an assignment or any other contractual obligation.
4. I will attend training meetings and clinics so as to know the Law of the Game, their proper interpretation and their application.
5. I will always strive to achieve maximum team work with my fellow officials.
6. I will be loyal to my fellow officials and never knowingly promote criticism of them.
7. I will be in good physical condition.
8. I will control the players effectively by being courteous and considerate without sacrificing firmness.
9. I will do my utmost to assist my fellow officials to better themselves and their work.
10. I will not make statements about any game except to clarify an interpretation of the Laws of the Game.
11. I will not discriminate against, or take undue advantage of any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sew or national origin.